However, while you are nurturing relationships, having a winning marketing strategy is what will gain you buying customers. Below are the steps necessary for attracting your target audience and converting them into customers.
#1 Determine the Purpose of Your Marketing
This focus is true with virtually all marketing strategies but is extremely necessary with Instagram. As mentioned previously, Instagram is focused on quality, concisely and quickly.
Here are a few details to consider when developing your Instagram Marketing Strategy:
- Determine if your goal is to build your brand or acquire more sales.
- Be sure that the demographic of your target audience aligns with the majority of users on Instagram.
- Establish how Instagram marketing will differ from your strategies on other social platforms such as Twitter and Facebook.
- The primary focus of Instagram is visual, so be sure this will work well with your brand and services.
A key factor is making sure you are providing content that resonates with your audience. If your goal is to build brand awareness, use the opportunity to go behind the scenes for team members to talk about the company and post content that lures people in to find out more.
Instagram is about “being in the moment” so use it to your full advantage. Another example is https://www.instagram.com/magnolia/
The couple who may have started on a TV show, Magnolia has 3.7 million followers, posting about home improvement as well as their Silos Baking Co, as they share behind the scenes clips and all the while encouraging followers to comment and share posts.
#2 Decide on Content
Making sure your content is both relevant and interesting is a must on Instagram. This is when knowing your customer truly makes a difference. People browse all the time on Instagram, so in understanding your customer and/or target audience, it will enable you to create content that both meets your business goal and resonates with the audience.
- Posting videos and photos that capture attention is key. You’ll want your content to load correctly and quickly so staying within the following parameters is ideal:
- Photos - 1080 wide x 1350
- Video - 1920 x 1080
- It is “show and tell” time on Instagram. Show them what you do in a creative way. Take for example: GoPro camera. They post creative shots that portray the features of their product.
- Within the image, you are able to tag your product and a click will provide more details.
- Engage your audience by choosing a topic that interests them. Starbucks is great at this. From encouraging patrons to post photos of their favorite “cup of jo” to sharing about community involvement.
- Provide helpful tutorials that address FAQs with your product or services, offering something for value for free.
#3 Use Quality Media
Make the most of your advertising by posting top quality content. This not only refers to photos, but quality messages as well. Make the most of photos by cropping and using filters as necessary while also leveraging the use of captions. This is especially important if your goal is to increase sales. Use this as an opportunity to send them to a sales page to learn more and even make a purchase.
#4 Use Call to Actions and Promotions
CTA's are great for Instagram and well-received by Instagram users. Instead of merely gaining followers, make the most of the post and use call to actions in your captions on occasion. As with most social media platforms avoid the in-your-face salesy approach, rather send them to a landing page.
Another successful strategy on Instagram is to offer time-sensitive promotions. Everyone enjoys a good deal!
#5 Make the Most of Hashtags and Keywords
The hashtags that are so popular with social media and are useful phrases that help your audience search for you. Utilize these as keywords for your marketing strategy using the “#” prior to the phrase.
Using hashtags can be a great way to target categories that pertain to your products and brand by adding them to your Instagram content.
#6 Use Facebook Canvas
Since Facebook and Instagram share the same advertising program, you can take advantage of Facebook Canvas and create videos that are unique to your business.
#7 Your Ad Should Be an Experience
Consistency is key with Instagram. Your ad should be an experience for the audience, providing valuable content, great visuals and consistently representing your company. According to Instagram statistics, more than fifty percent of the brands advertising on the platform make use of the same filter for every post.
An important part of knowing your ad is reaching the target audience and converting the way you want is A/B split testing. By using the same filters consistently while also keeping your content fresh and relevant to your audience base, you will maintain their attention.
#8 Don't Just Post Ads Alone
It is extremely important you do not solely post Ads alone, you need to have a content strategy built around your ads. Consumers will visit your profile on most occasions when your Ad has caught their attention. If they find a profile that doesn't look appealing and answer their questions there is a good chance they will go looking elsewhere.
Get Started Today and build a Successful Instagram Ads marketing Strategy for your Business!